I made an ad!
March 14, 2020 | Uncategorized | No Comments
A lot of the assignments have been leading up to this point. We have learned about all sorts of online business styles and how they work and how to make them successful. We then learned all the ins and outs of google ad words. We even got tracking code put in the site so we can see when people visit. (this is the only information being collected). We then got tit all hooked up into google analytics so we can chart that over time. And with tall the prepared we created ads and ad campaigns and on Friday we published those ads! I have had some moderate success over time, but we will see if we can make it better. I have 147 impressions and 2 clicks so far. This is very bad in the grand scheme of things, but I have a dismal budget. Me and my wife decided that we should keep it low as we are working on saving money right now. But if the budget were better the site says I could have about 100+ clicks. That may have to come later. I’m planning or releasing a new episode this coming week so that will be a ton of fun.
We learned about optimization to. We started by having the 10 keywords we made and then adding or removing some. I added a few new words and optimized my adaptive ad, an ad that changes based on the keyword that activated it. I made sure to have a lot of keywords in the ad and in the headings. Earlier today I looked at google analytics and it showed me some keywords that activated after a broad activation and I added those to. Hopefully we will get more clicks out of that. For the next few weeks, I’ll be tweaking the page and the keywords in order to make it more attractive and work better in ads.